Tuesday, November 29, 2011

MEXICANS, MORDIDA FROM CIVIL SERVANTS IN MEXICO GIVES BELIZEANS A PAIN IN THE NECK AND POCKET!

Chetumal border with Belize.
Bridge between Chetumal, Mexico and Belize northern frontier.
ANNOYING HABIT OF CORRUPTION IN MEXICO, ALL OVER!

The Mordida corruption in Mexico for service by government salaried workers.

"Robert Lopez, VIP’s Chairman
This weekend, my family and I traveled to Chetumal. Certainly like every other Belizean we went there to enjoy their hospitality and the shopping and their entertainment. Upon reaching the border, on the Mexican side there were long lines and there were at least two to three-hundred of us and the line was wrapped around the building. I noticed that there were two security guards and a group of Belizeans gathered around them. So I said let me find out what that is about. So I walked up to them and I asked the security guard what was going on. He said, ‘Well for ten dollars, I can get your passport stamped and you won’t have to stand in line.’ He continued by saying that ‘The ten dollars is for the immigration officer and you’ll need to give me something for my services,” I guess as a courier to go in. I watched him take bundles of passport, because he didn’t do them one at a time, he did them in fives and even tens at ten dollars apiece. I saw people pull out their money and as we got closer where we could have seen inside the building through the glass, I saw these security officers giving the immigration officers the money and then these Belizeans did not have to stand in line."
______________________________________________

The only country I heard of worse maybe than Mexico for corruption is India? Never been there, so don´t know.

No comments: