Friday, October 8, 2010

To GOOD FRIENDS and dreams!

Dreams - I wonder what they mean?

The wierdest thing this morning just before I woke up at 3 a.m. An old friend came to see me in the dream, ARTHUR HOARE of Coordinated Dockyard in Belize City. He was smiling and looked relaxed and happy. I told him in my dream he was supposed to be dead and he laughed. Nor would he tell me where he lived now, or how. After I woke up I realized it was just a dream.
This got me to thinking about some of the best friends I´ve ever had through life. I suppose I´ve had my share of good friends, though these are few and far between. It is hard to separate the casual friends of short duration, from those who you have known through good times and bad, thick and thin. The real friends were always there for you. Among the best friends I have ever known are:

Arthur Hoare - COORDINATED DOCKYARD, BELIZE CITY
DR. CHARLES COLBY ( deceased ) of Texas - Louisiana,
Dr. Frank Cyman of Detroit ( deceased ),
Robert Smith - Chinaboat of the Winnie Estelle of San Pedro, Belize.
Pete Serodino, of Chattanooga, Tenn.
David Steinman, a childhood friend who lived in Canada and Florida last time I knew.


Each of these played important parts of the best parts of my life experiences and one has to wonder at the meaning of these reminisces when you reach 73 years old.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Dr. Frank Cyman of Detroit was my grandfather. My father recalls his father spending time in Belize. I would love to hear any stories that you can share about his life there. I will pass any information onto my father, John (Frank's son).

keeks said...

Mr. Arthur Hoare was my grandad. My sister and I were sitting here wishing we knew more about his history, how he got into ship building, where he spent his childhood, etc. We would love to hear any stories you have about him. Please email if you can ka_usher@yahoo.com. All the best.

Unknown said...

Dr. Frank Cyman was the best doctor I ever had. He delivered me in 1951, too! May he rest in peace, I just loved that guy!